pillows

Lately, I've been working to make my apartment more "grown up" instead of hoarder-college-apartment-bachelor-pad-messy, which it often resembles.

I rearranged the living room furniture, hung some artwork, removed a bunch of unnecessary tchotchkes and cleaned up. Much better...


I'm trying to make changes using what I have or spending very little money since I don't know how long I will be in this apartment. So, I used an old Urban Outfitters coverlet and an old sweater to make some throw pillows.

I cut and squared up 3 pieces for the front and two backs. I used the existing hem on the coverlet so I didn't have to worry about sewing a hem.


I sewed all the way around the pillow, pressed open the seams, cut the corners and turned it inside out using the envelope-style back.


They both look great!  I will probably make a few more using fabric I already have in my stash and old pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment